feature post

Bold purple eyelook

Friday, June 3, 2016

My summer proof face makeup routine

My summer Proof face makeup routine


youtube video below:



My current Summer Proof Makeup Face Routine

Finally after lots of trials I found the perfect foundation, concealer, powder, and primer combination for my hot climate in Arizona. I have used this now for the last 3 days in hot water and I swear I get all day coverage from sun to sun down without any shine showing and it actually hold in place!!!
Now it could be come technique as well that makes this last longer.

FIRST
I rub the Nivea original shave balm into my face everywhere until I feel like it is equally covered.

SECOND
I take my Maybelline Dream Velvet  foundation and rub it into my skin with my fingers.
I will note that when I first got this foundation I hated it, I tried it several times with different brushes but it wouldn't work for me I would end up shiny and greasy. However, I think this foundation either performs better in heat or its the combination of the primer that makes this perfect for me.

THIRD
I put the Maybelline better skin concealer and put under my under eyes, bridge of my nose, my chin and forehead then I blend in with a damp blender.

LAST 
I take that same damp blender and pat it in the airspun loose face powder in translucent then I begin to bake the places I added concealer. I let it bake while I add my contour and blush, line my eyes etc. then I take a powder brush and sweep that loose powder off. 


Occasionally I do spray a setting spray, either the Maybelline setting spray or the wet n wild spray. I prefer the wet n wild spray with this routine.
Hoped this helped someone.

::On a side note::
 I have combination skin. In summer my skin is oily in my t-zone and I look like a hot mess. In winter my skin is either normal or dry.

No comments: